In the Club! The MAD Ducatisti

The third time truly is the charm.  I've been not only acknowledged by the Mid-Atlantic Ducati Owners Club, but accepted!  I'm officially MAD!

I wish I could claim that all the MAD members read religiously the posts here on EMD.  So when they saw my previous missive on a potential blacklisting with their group, they immediately called their president who contacted me to correct the situation.

But since MAD's president did not reference the coolest motorcycle blog ever when he emailed me, I can only assume that my third application, and accompanying history of trying to join MAD, reached the proper person this time around.

For as all decent people, and self-respecting Ducatisti, would do in this circumstance, he contacted me to apologize, welcomed me into the club, and invited me to the next club event; a get-together and parking lot Happy Hour mid-week at a local dealership that sells Ducati.

It happens to be the same shop from which I bought my first Ducati, my beloved Monster 696.  (Wonderful motorcycle; sold only to help pay for my 848Evo.)  Coincidence?  A sign?  A warning?

Who knows?

But the club is exonerated.  I am looking forward to meeting riders in my new city, checking out some Ducatis, and talking MAD motos.  Could be the start of a beautiful friendship.

And in other news, which will surprise no one who has ever had anything to do with Ducati:

MAD's president, Walt, not only knows Vicki Smith, of Ducati.net fame and president of the Ducati Owners Club of South Florida, he even cc'd her on the email response.  This was before he was aware that I already knew Vicki from my time in south Florida.

Once again, proof that nothing occurs in Ducati Universe without Vicki's knowledge and/or participation.  (See Tales from World Ducati Week)

Cheers!

Blog Archive