California Superbike School; Virginia International Raceway

Tonight is my first time in Danville, Virginia.  I received yet another speeding ticket on the way here.  Sadly, this was not a first.  Nor will it likely be a last.  I need a cloaking device for my vehicles.

Tomorrow will be a day of many firsts.  And where I'm going is police-free and without pesky hassles such as speed limits.

Twenty-minutes away is the Virginia International Raceway where I will be checking in bright and early for a day of motorcycle instruction, courtesy of Keith Code's California Superbike School

I have never been to Virginia International Raceway.   I have never been on a BMW S1000RR.  My track experience is much heavier on pit crew and spectator than rider.  I have never attended a structured riding school with a strong national reputation like the California Superbike School.




California Superbike School's super fleet of BMW S1000RRs
Admittedly, so many firsts are a bit intimidating.  And I would rather not be the unintentional comedy for the day, inability to reach the ground when on the bike notwithstanding.  (I have no idea how I'm going to negotiate a sidestand-less motorcycle) 

But the goal for every rider is to get better.  And at some point, I would like to narrow the talent gap between myself and my motorcycles, a 2011 Ducati 848Evo and 1995 Honda CBR900RR. 

A good number of riders, who I very much respect, have recommended California Superbike School and the Keith Code system of learning riding skills.  Nerves over mangling a BMW S1000RR aside, it should be an excellent experience.

It might even be worth the 5am wake-up call.  (Maybe.)

Cheers!

Blog Archive