Product Review: First Ride, the Sidi Vertigo Lei Motorcycle Boots

For part I of the review, click  HERE.

Well, I wouldn’t want to be wearing them during a two-mile hike to the gas station after running out of fuel.  But the Sidi Virtigo motorcycle boots are not for hiking. 

Or walking for that matter.  Which is good.  Because on the ground, the soles are as inflexible as the ankle and heels are sloppy as the calf is restrictive.

Luckily, the only time you’ll be strolling around in your shiny Vertigo boots is from the chair, where you put them on your feet, to your bike.  The rest of the time, the boots are planted on your motorcycle’s footpegs.  And these boots are made for riding.




This is what I was talking about- Hot red design and so much better than the pink!

The rigid soles give all the support your foot needs to get you and your motorcycle through tough turns, long straight-aways, and over Mini Cooper-sized potholes gouged out of I-95 in eastern Pennsylvania.  

At the same time, there is a good feel for the pegs and the boots transmit road and track conditions while filtering foot-numbing vibrations.  Always helpful to be able to feel your foot if you need to reposition it to better support your weight or find the shift.

The annoying slop and excess material in the heel and ankle disappears once on the bike.  Seriously.  I couldn’t feel the boot.  Lightweight, flexible, and at a minimum, water resistant, the boots fit perfectly so long as my feet were on the pegs.  

I tried out the side ventilation.  I think it worked?  There wasn’t exactly a cool breeze going on in the boots, but the vents didn’t let in the rain either.  That was a plus.

And, with my vertically challenged, one-side-toes-only seating position when the bike is at a standstill, I was even grateful for the loose fit at the front of my ankle.  The wrap-around toe slider even protects the tip of the boots from scuffing when I am, um, toes down at a red light.

Fit, protection, comfort (at least when on the bike), the Sidi Virtigo Lei's receive a solid thumbs up.  For more information on the boot and how to order them, give David and Megan at Pure-Triumph.com and Ducati Forza/Triumph of Pompano Beach.  That's what I did.

Cheers! 

Blog Archive